Friday, October 28, 2011

I just wanted to state one simple thing before I start my day;
The sound of Air Force One doing engine checks & then taking off drowns out my tv & the loud whir of our A/C unit. Don't get me wrong though; I quite enjoy the sounds of massive planes (and helicopters) taking off and landing. I always have. In a way, it helps me feel not quite so homesick. See, my Grandfather flew helicopters & planes in the Army, and every time I see one here  on base, smile a little and think of him.

My husband thinks I'm silly; I always get so excited when I see planes or helicopters. He, of course, is quite use t seeing them this point, having been in the military for several years now. I guess that, eventually, my excitement will wear off.

P.S. I never really realized how big the Presidential Plane really is...lord have mercy that thing is massive.

No comments:

Post a Comment