Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Hobby -Or- Anti-Social Social Skills

Alright, so let's get one thing straight; I am not a very social person. I'd rather be by myself, or with my husband. Back in my younger days (I know, I'm young now, don't lecture!), I had a tight knit group of friends, and I was always hanging out with one person or another. Somewhere along the way, all of that came to a brutal, brake stomping halt. And for the most part, I'm alright with that...or at least I was, until earlier this year. It's funny how I'm undergoing personality changes yet again, which is a little weird. I thought I'd be/know myself by now, and apparently I don't. Now, don't mistake my words here; I'm still anti-social and socially awkward. When I'm face to face with someone I clam up, even around people that I've known for a long time. Unless I'm under the influence of alcohol. Anyway, I finally figured out a way to interact with other people in a manner that is comfortable for me and ALSO gives me a hobby to keep me busy during the day; I've started taking on penpals!

No comments:

Post a Comment