Monday, June 11, 2012

Om nom nom!


Tonight's dinner was one of those 'just wing it' meals where I try my hand at randomly throwing something together rather than following a recipe. This is only the third time I've cooked in three months (From lack of motivation/being manic). Tyson individually packaged (frozen) chicken breasts, thawed (of course) and simmered in a butter/milk base, with a mix of black pepper, cajun seasoning, hot shot, ground mustard, garlic powder and onion powder thrown on (eyeballed out of a teaspoon for each one). Fears of it being over-powering were squashed upon my husbands first bite. It is anything but bland, though! I must confess that I cheated with the green beans; they came out of a microwaveable steamer bad (after being cooked) and were added into the pot with the blackeyed peas and a bullion cube. Little under 40 minutes for total cook time (I cooked the chicken slowly) and less than five minutes for it to vanish from the plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment