Sunday, July 22, 2012

A recipe!

Tonight was another "Hungry Girl" meal night! Because my husband went out to eat, I decided 'Hey, that doesn't mean I have to give up on the meal I'd planned to cook'! So I just went on ahead and made a "Hola Breakfast Tostada"....and let me tell ya, it was WONDERFUL. The recipe bellow came straight out of the Hungry Girl "300 under 300" book :D

Ingredients:
1 medium/large high fiber tortilla(About 110 calories)
1/4 cup diced red and green bell peppers
2 tablespoons diced onion
1/2 cup fat free liquid egg substitute
1 tablespoon precooked real crumbled bacon
2 tablespoons shredded fat free cheddar cheese
Optional: Hot sauce, fat free sour cream, salsa

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375*
Place tortilla on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven until slightly crispy, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside. 
Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium high heat on the stove. Add peppers and onion and, stirring occasionally, cook until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
Add egg substitute and bacon to the skillet. If you like, add a few dashes of hot sauce. Scramble until egg substitute is fully cooked, about 3 minutes.
Top the baked tortilla with scrambled egg mixture and sprinkle with cheese. If you like, add optional toppings.

Very quick and easy with minimal clean up! I haven't added my total calories for this meal, so I can't really insert it here, and because I haven't replace my camera I can't provide a picture =(

No comments:

Post a Comment