Wednesday, July 18, 2012

In the fridge -Or- A little slice of happiness?

It's official. This week marks week 1 of the great weight loss adventure! I've been copying recipes out of "Hungry Girl" & counting calories and water in take like a mad woman. I spent an hour in the kitchen cutting up vegetables to stuff in mason jars; this way, they are on hand, already prepped and ready for snacking or cooking. Along with all of this came a shocking surprise: Last night, after preparing a salad and sitting down to eat, my husband voiced a comment that made my heart happy; He said, "This is really good. Ya' know, I'm actually excited about this whole weight loss thing. Hungry Girl feeds hungry guys too!". I swear I about had a heart attack! Never in my life did I expect to hear him utter anything close to those words. And for him to actually LIKE the food I've been preparing?! Just....WOW. It was a total confidence booster. Nothing quite like having a true partner on board for the whole weight loss thing!

That's the good news. The bad? I haven't been sleeping, so there hasn't been any exercise in my life this week, like there should be. I'm so exhausted you guys! Even taking my ambien hasn't helped! I don't know what's going on with this! Maybe I just need to force my body into a state of over exhaustion and just stay up for 24 hours so that I pass out tomorrow? I don't know what to do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment