Friday, July 13, 2012

A Shocking Development

Last night was the first evening I've cooked dinner in a few weeks (-_- I fail so hard at being a house wife sometimes) what with being on vacation and having little to no motivation. Yesterday was ALSO the first official day of my new diet. So I decided to crack open a "Hungry Girl" cookbook and set to work...

And you know what? The meal turned out REALLY well. Like...I wanted to make it again today. What I made was the "Cheesy Burger Skillet", except I ended up replacing the meatless burger with turkey burger, because our commissary isn't too well stocked on healthy options (and they wonder why their soldiers are overweight...). The meal was a whopping 439 calories. That's right. Less than 500 calories. I had enough leftover to go and eat ice cream! YAY!

Today is another day, though, and I find myself struggling. I'm so hungry...I want to eat everything, and sadly there isn't much in the house that won't put me over my calorie allotment. I need NOMS. >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment