Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Second Post of the Day -or- PHEW!

For those of you that stumble across this post, let me hurry up and say that today was my first day heading back to the gym after several months of being sedentary. Like most people, my new years resolution was to lose a chunk of weight...and instead I just ended up giving up and packing more on before the first month of the new year had passed. After two days of using www.myfitnesspal.com to start my diet, I FINALLY worked up the courage to hit the small gym on base (We have three, two of which are currently up and functional)...and I had the WHOLE thing to myself for the duration of my workout.

Using my Polar FT7 heart rate monitor (Polar FT7 Womens Gold Heart Rate And Fitness Monitor - 90036747), I did the first day of Couch to 5k, using an ipod app. 30 minutes of huffing and puffing; Brisk 5 minute warm-up walk....then alternating 1 minute of jogging and 1 1/2 minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes before the cool down walk. I'm whooped! I seriously don't think I've sweat quite that much in my entire life without ending up in the ER!

I also used a second ipod app, "Gorilla Workout", to finish up my workout routine for the day.  4 rounds of 8 squats, 4 lunges, and 10 modified pushups. My body aches a little bit, but I feel all around GREAT.

I think it's time for me to down some more water, snack and get a shower....I'm caked in sweat...Seriously. I can feel the dried sweat on my skin. It's so nasty!

=) To cardio everyday or not to cardio every day? What do you think? Leave me a comment and let me know! I'm thinking of starting to follow the wonderful Blogilates lady, Casey, to see what I can do to my chunky monkey body!

No comments:

Post a Comment