Sunday, July 15, 2012

To Be Good or...

To be greedy? A good wife should share with her husband, right? ...But I don't want to! Let me explain; last weekend, an electrical storm struck base (Pun not intended). Because the outlets in base housing are not grounded (A fact that we didn't know), our surge protector took one heck of a hit; Xbox, router, modem and my husbands laptop power supply all ended up fried. After replacing the router (A whopping 120$), we just don't have the money to replace James's power supply. So naturally, he wants to share my computer. He gets two hours, I get two hours. Now, I'm sure this sounds reasonable. Except...I'm using my computer and don't much feel like giving it up just because he wants to play a video game (We're competing to see who levels faster and generally does better). It's not my fault his power supply got fried (He never unplugs his computer), so why should I take a chunk of what I view as punishment just so he can enjoy himself? Am I not allowed to have fun too?

Naturally, my husband is sulking...And it's actually making me pretty mad, to be honest. The more childish he acts, the less inclined I am to share with him. I suppose I should let the little baby have his turn, just to pacify him, but I also give up things I want/need so that he can get his R/C helicopters, fireworks, etc. He buys new clothes, I go to the Airmans attic and look for free stuff....But I digress (again). I'm being greedy and selfish. I know it's wrong but goodness...It's like he expects me to just roll over and let him take my computer from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment